Na Kubie organizowane jest XXI International Biennial of Graphic Humor. Mottem biennale są „Prawa człowieka”. Udział w nim mogą brać wszyscy artyści parający się rysunkiem satyrycznym. Temat prac konkursowych jest dowolny. Prace oceniane będą w pięciu kategoriach: General Humor, Political Satire, Humorous Cartoon, Personal Caricature, Humorous Photography. Termin zgłaszanie prac – 10 luty 2019 r. Więcej informacji w regulaminie poniżej.
XXI International Biennial of Graphic Humor – Cuba
The Círculo de Humoristas y Historietistas of the Union of Journalists of Cuba and the Museum of Humor in San Antonio de los Baños call for the XXI International Biennial of Graphic Humor, to be held from March 31 to April 3, 2019, co-sponsored by the Provincial Department of Culture of Artemisa.
Cuban comedians and cartoonists inspired by the motto „Humans with rights” invite the graphic humorists of the world to defend individualities, as a proposal to come together and fight for a world where human rights are respected.
Participation is open to all the graphic humorists of the world. They can compete with a free theme. The original works must be printed or digital -with the signature of the author- in any technique, with a maximum format of 30 x 40 cm. You can participate in: General Humor, Political Satire, Humorous Cartoon, Personal Caricature, Humorous Photography.
– Tomy on Line Award for political humor – in memory of the beloved caricaturist Tomás Rodríguez Zayas, who would be celebrating 70 years of age in 2019. On this occasion, it will have the theme „Migration, the background of a tragedy” (JPG 300 dpi).
Each author may submit one work per category, plus the Tomy on Line Prize.
The works can be presented in digital format (JPG 300 dpi), printed on photographic paper, or made on cardboard, always specifying the following data of the author:
Names and surnames (also the artistic name), Country, Title, Category, Technique, Private Address, Email, Telephone.
The same data must be included for digital works. Title the file with the name of the author and country of origin, you must also clarify in the message and subject if the works are for the Tomy on Line Award. The works can be sent to the electronic address: email@example.com
The works will be received at the UPEC headquarters until February 10, 2019.
Unión de Periodistas de Cuba (Upec)
XXI Bienal Internacional de Humorismo Gráfico
Calle 23 no. 452, Vedado, Cuba. CP 10 400
Telephones: (53) 7 832- 37 22 / (53) 7 832-45 64 ext. 116
The jury of admission will select the works submitted to the contest that will be exhibited at the XXI International Exhibition of Graphic Humor in San Antonio de los Baños. An international jury composed of prestigious personalities linked to graphic humor -whose decision will be unappealable- will award the prizes.
– Eduardo Abela Award, the highest award of the contest is given in tribute to the outstanding Cuban cartoonist (1889-1965), (Diploma and 1000 CUC).
– First, second and third prizes in each category, and mentions considered by the jury, (Diplomas).
– Tomy on Line Prize (Diploma and a reproduction of a work of the author).
– Prize of the Dedeté 25 x 2 – for the 25th anniversary of the publication-. It will be awarded to the work selected by the members of this publication.
Various Cuban cultural and social institutions join the contest and award collateral prizes.